If you have a computer or phone that allows for skype/facetime, I can now teach you infant massage no matter where you live! (I worked with a mom in Hong Kong the other night. The age we live in is truly amazing, connecting us all.) I took the above photos at a private session three moms set up for their husbands. After coffee and bagels the dads, babies and I settled in for massage while the mamas enjoyed some much deserved time alone with one another to visit. The dads had a BLAST as did the babies. Just look at those smiles.
In a single private session you will learn feet, leg and tummy massage. In two private sessions you will learn a full body massage for baby including 1) Feet and Legs 2) Tummy and Colic Series 3) Chest and Arms 4) Face and Back. In home sessions are available for a select area in and around St. Louis, Missouri.
Private Sessions Allow You to:
- Schedule times that work best for you and baby including weekends and evenings.
- Get a group together in your home and share the cost. Up to five babies are welcome to join in the fun.
- Work around multiple schedules including mom and dad, grandma and grandpa and/or a trusted caregiver.
- Work with Suzanne Tucker, “baby whisperer”, Physical Therapist and master infant massage instructor to thousands.
An Ideal Gift For:
- Expecting parents including parents preparing to welcome a baby into their hearts and home via adoption
- Playgroups/friends wanting to learn together and share the cost. Up to five babies are welcome to participate.
- New parents not yet ready to leave the home with a baby, especially for babies with a compromised immune system or other unique circumstances.
- Parents of babies experiencing colic, painful gas, reflux or other early challenges, wanting massage techniques and more, personalized to their child’s needs ASAP!!!
- Parents wanting a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
- Child care providers, health practitioners and/or anyone wanting to learn more about Infant Massage with lots of individual attention.
Book a Session and receive a complimentary eight page picture handout massage booklet PLUS a personalized Graduation Certificate with your baby’s name and graduation date to your baby journal!
In person: 60 min $75 | 90 min $100
Virtual Session: 60 min $60 || 90 min $90
Infant massage is an age-old tradition that promotes parent/child bonding and relaxation. Research shows children who receive massage cry 50% less, sleep more soundly, and suffer less anxiety. Benefits also include:
- Facilitates body awareness
- Boosts immune system
- Sensory stimulation
- Improves skin condition
- Improves blood circulation
- Helps digestion
- Balances respiration
- Relief for teething pains
- Improves waste elimination
- Helps build parents’ and baby’s self-esteem
With personal, live instruction you will not only learn strokes and styles of baby massage but the pressure, rate, rhythm, the length of the massage that works best for your unique child.
MORE ABOUT INFANT MASSAGE:
When is a good time to massage my baby?
An ideal time to massage your baby is when he/she is in either a playful mood or quiet and alert. Your baby will be making eye contact and/or may look calm and happy to be lying still. For babies experiencing colic, sometimes this is not possible and massage can be offered and performed regularly and throughout the day to help baby move past this phase.
What kind of oil should I use?
You can use any organic cold pressed edible fruit or vegetable oil ie: grapeseed, safflower, sunflower, or olive. Suzanne uses grapeseed oil with essential oils to help calm baby and promote healthy digestion.
Why learn Infant Massage in a class with a live instructor?
While there are many books and videos available on Infant Massage, learning along with a Certified Educator of Infant Massage (CEIM) is a more hands-on, interactive and personal experience. I will teach you each of the strokes one-by-one so you will feel comfortable and confident that you are doing them correctly. I can also help you cue into and better understand your baby’s responses to massage as every baby receives massage differently. During our session, if other questions arise about touch, bonding/attachment, parenting, etc, I am more than happy to answer them.
Why does you recommend more than one lesson?
I can teach you massage in one single session but prefer to introduce babies to massage over time and at their own pace. Ideally, I like to spend time teaching parents to watch and respond to their babies’ unique cues as each new massage stroke is introduced. Having multiple sessions with parents also allows them practice the techniques with their baby on their own and return with any questions they may have in between lessons.
Is Infant Massage for both mom and dad?
YES! I encourage both parents to participate. Infant massage is a great way for both parents to deepen a life-long bond with their child. If only one can be present for our individual lessons, I encourage that parent to teach the other parent and return with any questions they may have next session.
How often can I massage my baby?
I generally encourage parents to massage their baby ten minutes a day as this is the amount of massage time most research studies are based upon, but ultimately to do what works BEST for them. Some parents enjoy giving their baby a massage in the morning or before an afternoon nap or after bath at night. Depending on their babies’ cues, some parents breaking their massage time up, for example, doing the leg strokes at one time and later massaging babies’ tummy and back. If you can do massage daily, that’s wonderful. Some days you may give baby two and some none at all.
When can I begin massaging my baby?
Anytime is a good time to start learning about loving touch. Three hours, days, weeks or years! Children are never too old to benefit from these techniques. Introducing touch is ideally started soon after birth and can begin simply with time spent “skin-to-skin” (aka Kangaroo Care) with baby on your chest. I generally introduce baby to massage with feet and leg strokes as these tend to be the best received and then slowly move into the more vulnerable areas of the body including the tummy and face, adding other parts over time.
To schedule your Private Infant Massage Lessons contact Suzanne today! suzanne@mymommymanual (dot) com