It’s time to get your kids geared up for school. It’s time for squeaky clean shoes, shiny new lunch boxes and backpacks… er, maybe not. Everyone is watching their wallets so don’t think that your tikes will be the only ones using the same backpacks and lunch boxes they had last year!
What are some ways that you can save on shopping for school clothes, gear and supplies? Here are my tips!
• Shop at home. Binders, notebooks, pencils and pens don’t go bad, they just get lost in basements and drawers. Cleaning out your “hidden stashes” may mean you can save $50 on random supplies.
• Buy just what you need now. Don’t feel like you have to buy your youngster’s entire school wardrobe now. Trust me… there will be yet another can’t-be-missed sale.
• Do comparison shopping for big items online like computers and other electronics and check out the coupon sites
• Check out the resale shops. Seriously. Great stuff there. My girl loves the bag of Justice brand stuff I brought home one day. All from resale.
• Make a list of the things you need and stick to it. No impulse purchases!
And, if you have an iPhone… check out Yowza! Mobile coupons… It will scan your location and tell you which retailers have current deals. At check out, they’ll scan your phone to redeem the coupon. No more stashing of papers in your purse. I love it. I’ve noticed The Container Store, REI, Saks all comes up in my local search. It even keeps track of how much you’ve saved to date…. yowza, right?!
Practical Mommy is Ria Sharon. Click the links for Practical Mommy’s recommendations for travel car seats, affordable and fun diaper bags (skip hop bag), and the best-selling crib brand, Da Vinci Crib.